Saturday, March 1, 2008

#3 Learn about how the NVDPL staff blog works

Practice on our staff blog using the Training Blog (click on the link at the top of the NVDPL Staff blog page)

Sign in as an author using Training1 to Training6 as your user name and "password" as your password.

Learn how to do the following by clicking on the links below:

1) Create a blog entry
2) Create a blog entry with a link to a file in shared notes
3) Optional: Create a blog entry with a link to an image

INTRODUCTION TO THE BLOG
POSTING TO THE BLOG

9 comments:

Cap orphan said...

For those having problems finding the link to the staff blog....there is no link....you need to open a new window in order to enter 'training1', and 'password' on the staff page.

Cap orphan said...

and....by the way,,,,I just had a problem doing this....when the login information asks for a username....it really means your email address....imagine that!

Jacqui said...

Thanks for your feedback - have changed the font so it doesn't look like a link - sorry for the confusion!

Unfortunately - can't change the blogger wording "user name" is what you log-in as - i.e. your email address you used to set up the account..

Bright Eyes said...

Thanks for the tip on the username. I wrote down all my passwords and titles but discovered I did not have a username.

Hope I have completed #3. Looking froward to #4.

Digital Dinosaur said...

To even start this assignment you click on the -training blog- link, not -authors-!

holly pocket said...

t'was fun.

The Graeme said...

umm I'm sure I'll be able to find the link, but I'm presently having a bit of trouble locating the aforementioned "staff blog". DISCLAIMER: I am really bad with websites, I may be totally blind.

The Graeme said...

never mind. found it. :P

Dehydra said...

Done and done!